For optimal results and satisfaction, inform your patients of expectations and proper post-peel care.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Immediately after the peel and up to 24 hour:
- Skin may be tight and more red than usual.
- Skin may feel tacky and have yellow to orange tinge. This is temporary and will fade in a few hours.
- Patients should wait until bedtime before washing the face.
- Patient should avoid strenuous exercise starting the day of procedure and while the skin is peeling.
- 24 hours after the peel and until is complete:
- Skin may be tight until it starts to peel.
- Peeling will generally start between 48-72 hours after the procedure, and can last 2 to 5 days.
DO NOT PICK OR PULL THE SKIN. Allow skin to peel at its own pace. (Premature peeling of the skin will result in dry, cracked, raw skin that may develop into post inflammatory hyperpigmentation).
AFTER CARE REGIMEN:
- Cleanse: Use a gentle, soap-free cleanser or facial cleanser. Do not scrub and/or use a wash cloth while the skin is peeling.
- Moisturize: While skin is peeling, patient should use the recommended moisturizer as often as needed to relieve any dryness and control peeling.
- Sun Protection: Apply a daily sunscreen in the morning, and throughout the day. Avoid direct sunlight for at least one week.
After peeling process is complete:
- Patient may resume the regular use of Retin-A, retinol, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) products or bleaching creams ONLY after the peeling process is completed.
- Patient should wait until peeling has completed before having ANY OTHER FACIAL PROCEDURES including :
- Facial hair removal
- BOTOX injections
- Laser Treatments (including laser hair removal)
- Injectable fillers
Variations In Amounts of Peeling:
- The degree of peeling may vary depending on the individual’s skin type condition at the time of the peel. The success of the peel should not be determined by the amount of peeling, but by the end results that the peel will produce.
Reasons why some patients experience decreased visible peeling:
- Receiving Vitalize Peel for the first time.
- Severe sun damage (increased visible peeling should develop with subsequent peels)
- Having peels regularly with a short interval between peels.
- Frequent use of Retin-A, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) or other peeling agents prior to the peel treatment.
- Regardless of the degree of peeling, the skin is still sloughing off at an accelerated rate, which will result in the improvement of skin tone and texture, and diminishment of fine lines and pigmentation.
SERIES OF PEELS:
- For maximum results, the Vitalize Peel can be applied every 3-4 weeks until desired results are achieved. Results are cumulative and maximum benefits are seen with a series of three or more peels.
- Extra precautions should be taken to avoid sun exposure following the peel. It is recommended that patients use a sunscreen product with an SPF of 30 or higher. WOW Aesthetics recommends limiting sun exposure for at least one week after the peel is performed.